Random Immigration Questions
WELCOME TO IMMIGRATION LAWYERS LOS ANGELES
We Can Help Answer Your Immigration Questions
We have developed this site to target specific needs of immigrants
residing in Los Angeles or intending to move to Los Angeles. Whether you
have a simple question about how to convert your current visa to a different
visa type, need help in finding a competent lawyer, or something a
lot more complicated and may require expert advice and help, we have
the resources and information to put you in the right
direction. All of the immigration lawyers found on our directory have
a great deal of experience in dealing with political
asylum, green cards through employment or marriage, and more
complicated issues such as handling deportation proceedings.
All of the immigration lawyers are located in the greater Los Angeles
area and they have years of experience dealing with tough cases. We have
carefully reviewed every immigration lawyer listed at this site, and
we have only included lawyers we believe to have earned enough trust and
reputation to justify being listed at our site. We have created profiles
for our lawyers which contains an overview of their qualifications and includes:
- Description of their background.
- Full contact information.
- Affiliated immigration law firms
- Professional credentials.
- Any special areas of expertise.
Featured Immigration Lawyer
Daniel P. Hanlon is a California State Bar certified specialist in Immigration & Nationality Law, who has been practicing immigration law exclusively since his admission in 1993. He is a founding partner of Hanlon Law Group. He has argued many important immigration appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and successfully challenge...
Featured Visa Type: B-1
In general, B-1 visas are for business professionals for the purpose of conducting business related activities. This does not grant an employment permit and cannot be used to seek employment while in the United States. Business visitors under B-1 visa
Immigration Articles & Opinions
- Illegal Immigrants Will See an Eight Year Wait under President Obama's Plan
- Feb 18, 2013 - Politicians on both sides of the aisle have been calling for immigration reform for years. For some reason, however, it has been slow coming. In President Barack Obama's 2013 State of the Union Address, he urged Congress to act speedily in sending hi... [read more]
- Illegal Immigrant Seeks to Join the California Bar
- Aug 01, 2012 - Sergio C. Garcia is a 35 year old illegal immigrant who entered the U.S. with his parents when he was 17 months old. His parents entered the country illegally, and therefore so did Sergio. The Garcias returned to Mexico when Sergio was nine years... [read more]
- Federal Government Sued by Lesbian Couple over Their Immigration Troubles
- Jul 14, 2012 - A lesbian couple in California filed a suit against the U.S. government over an immigration issue that was apparently the result of the Defense of Marriage Act, or "DOMA", passed in 1996. Jane DeLeon has filed the suit with the Federal court in Santa... [read more]
- Senator Chuck Grassley's release on his hold on H.R. 3012 should benefit H-1B visa seekers
- Jul 13, 2012 - Chuck Grassley, Senate Judiciary Committee Ranking Republican, decided to remove his hold on an immigration legislation that would help speed up the visa system for highly skilled immigrants, particularly H-1B Visa seekers... [read more]
- The trust act AB 1081 California's snub at Arizona.
- Jul 07, 2012 - On Thursday, July 5, the California State Senate passed Assembly Bill 1081 also referred to as the TRUST Act. AB1081 states that a police officer can only refer people convicted of serious felonies to immigration officials. Lower-level offenders can ... [read more]